Silhouette Soft Thread Lift – Dr Anthony Rixon’s Approach
Silhoutte Soft Thread Lift: A non-surgical method to reposition and lift sagging jowls, cheeks and neck.
Silhoutte soft is TGA approved for lifting sagging skin on the face and neck.
Silhoutte threads are made of dissolvable suture material (poly-L-Lactic acid) with tiny
dissolvable cones made of poly(lactic-co-glycolic) acid which provides mechanical lift and
An exciting additional effect is the stimulation of the skin’s own collagen as the threads are
broken down. This contributes to long lasting lift AND glowing skin
Threads differ to Dermal Filler (Hyaluronic Acid Filler) in the following way;
● Threads lift and reposition tissue using traction and subsequent collagen
● Filler lifts by adding volume. There is Minimal collagen stimulation. This may be an
appropriate method if you have significant volume loss
● Generally threads give better lift than fillers and fillers give better volume than
● Threads last longer than filler
● Threads are potentially safer than filler
● Threads may or may not have a bit more down time than fillers. Both are office based procedures.
I often combine Silhouette Soft threads with Dermal Fillers to achieve optimal results. This
allows me to give most of my lift with threads and “fine tune” with Fillers. I like this
approach because it means you won’t look overdone or puffy (which can be an issue if you
have too much filler). Additionally, I really like the effect threads have on improving your
skin quality. This doesn’t occur with fillers.